Tuesday, August 10, 2010

changes

It's been a month of intense changes, true honesty, heartbreak, love, friendship and decision. We are doing well. Al-Anon is working out for our family, for me. I have a sponsor and I am working on working the steps. There are preparations that need to be done first; mainly reading reading reading.

She and I have had some amazingly emotional days. She supports me and my quest for health without admitting a problem herself. I question whether it really is a problem or not. I liked being in the dark and ignorant bliss almost as much as I am beginning to like being upfront and honest with her and myself. She is my life, my grown up life. We have the boys. We are a family.

She is taking a job in far far away land; like four hours away land. The kids and I are moving to two hours from here, two hours from her land. We chose this place to be closer to making our dream of homesteading a reality. I will continue to go to school, a slightly different major, or should I say majors? Forestry coupled with an applied environmental science. It's a good place for me to be.

I am scared shitless about selling my house. It is worth nothing and I did nothing to deserve a house worth nothing. I bought before the big housing boom, I read my paperwork, I knew what my budgetary limits were, I paid on time every month and I am the one being royally screwed. For NOT screwing up! On top of the "housing crisis", I have to contend with my hispanic neighbors, nearly 90% of my neighborhood, fleeing because the idiotic governor signed an awful bill making racial profiling legal! Bend over, insert bureaucratic cock! I have nothing to lose by not paying my mortgage anymore, I suppose.

I haven't told many of my friends that we are moving yet because it won;t actually happen before this semester is over. I have told him that we are moving and that we are taking the kids, but he hasn't responded. It could get ugly. Tomorrow is a big day for he and I. I am filing child support papers, which should surprise the shit out of him because he thinks that he doesn't have to pay. I really never thought this would get ugly. I am also, finally, filing for divorce. I know, I know. And I can tell you why I didn't already, but it really doesn't matter.

So there is the last month really wrapped up tight in a nutshell. I want to write more, but i seem really blocked right now, so a short update is all I have for right now. Even the other blog is suffering my word block. Sigh...

3 comments:

leaner said...

It will all work out, and it sounds like you will be happier for it (in the end.) Good luck.

Gaius Odiase said...

Changes is what is constant in life but people are afraid of change, sometime in a relationships it's inevitable you just have to deal with it not run away. A wise man once said: 'Be the change you want to see in the world'. Pls visit:
www.gaiusodiase.blogspot.com

qifei2012 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.