Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Do I love myself?

I think my answer was too hasty. It's been my answer for so long that I guess it is easy to just go on believing what I always have. My answer was NO. In no uncertain terms, no. But I don't really think that's it. There are things I don't like about myself, but I am realizing that there are so many more I do like. This has been a year of growth and exploration and acceptance. Short of plastic surgery and/or serious commitment to exercise, my physical body will remain the same as it always was and I accept that. Not only do I accept it, I love it. I am slim and have bones showing where I want them to. I still have fat days and, more than not, bad, or rather, lazy, hair days. I am fortunate to own a couple of hats.. I am dealing with my inner chaos and everyday I recognize and accept my short comings and, more importantly, my qualities. I am a kind person. I have a lot of love for my friends, whom I consider my family. I am giving, sometimes to my detriment. I look for the good in everyone and every situation. I do run my mouth a little too much though and I hold onto the past fiercely if I have been wronged. I am never on time, but not always late. And I get mad at other people for the same problem. I over analyze things sometimes and I can't let them go. I talk about them over and over and usually the problem is so much smaller than I think it out to be. (Like Je....) I used to wonder what my eulogy would sound like. After what E said in the car on Sunday, I don't even care anymore. That was all I needed, to know I touched another person's life the way so many touch mine. So do I love myself? I don't not, that is to say I could. 2007 has changed me in ways I never would have dreamed. I love the person I have become in the last 30 years and want to see what the next thirty brings.

No comments: