Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Holy Guacamole!!!

This is really embarressing, but I now work at ADP. There, it's out. Now, can we move on? Well in a second....seriously the caliber of people who work there is amazing. One step above never educated. Today I had a serious (for the other person) conversation about Cupie Dolls, Star Trek Enterprise and who was the better captain, a psuedo political non-debate :P (no fair, cuz my opponent was, well, not savvy), a challenge for me to eat meat again so I could enjoy honeybear bbq, whether or not a 15 year old should have a cell phone and how did I get my job at Paychex, the test was so hard. The math test or the personality test? I asked. There was a personality test? she asked! Hahahahahaha!!!! Here's another snippit. I turn to my "pod" members; POD being the enclosed group of four cubicles, and said, "It's been a while. What is the Social Security wage base limit?" ............. Are you ready for this... (oh wait, my entire building is sales people and new loads (implamentation).... Scrunched faces, furrowed brows, blank eyes....."What are you talking about? I just key in the information." Holy fucking shit!!!! How does this place stay afloat? Please soemone kick my ass if I become so complacent that I let a computer think for me. Here's another example, "This client actually called me and asked me to do void checks (vouchers) for net to gross. I don't know how to do that. I had to make her do it and give me the numbers." What the fuck??????? Now, the reason I work here is that they were willing to pay what I asked for, I now know why, and the location is closer to my house and opposite of traffic than the new Paychex location. Also, I am getting a divorce and moving to CA with my kids in a year and I needed money to save and pay down credit cards. Am I off the hook now?

No comments: