Tuesday, April 01, 2008

I Won I Won

So I entered a writing contest about a month ago. I won. I won I won I won I won I won!!!!! Who would have thought? I am so excited. The professor running the contest called me about 11:30 this morning and told me. He said I would have to read my piece aloud on April the 22. I started panicking, “Which piece won?” You see I entered in the Sex. poem and I am bold, but bold enough to read that out loud...not sure about that. He laughed and told me my fiction piece was the winner. (Conspiracy Theory Proven) I said, “Good. Not sure I would have enough guts to read the poem out loud.” He said the content of the poem was why it couldn’t win. So really, I won two of the three categories. But sex is still too scary, I guess. I feel on top of the world right now and really nervous!! I will practice reading every day. If anyone wants to come, it’s on April 22, at Gateway Community College. 40th St and Washington. The reading starts at noon. Holy cow!!!

2 comments:

leaner said...

YIPPEE! This is great! That reading will be great. Because reading it in my head was no where near as awesome as having you read it to me. :)

leaner said...

Can't believe I used the word great twice in that comment. Ugh, my thesaurus brain hasn't woken up yet, so please pardon my loss of vocabulary.