Monday, January 12, 2009

tender hearts

the tears just won’t stop
every idle moment brings a new wave
it’s so consuming and overwhelming
my eyes burn from sunrise to sunset
it wasn’t supposed to end that night

making it harder and easier
are my three valiant knights
quietly rallying around me
and demanding i meet their requirements
they sense the sad, they don’t know why

when i saw the new picture
two new streams started down my face
it’s evident how much she is hurting
and my heart is shattered in a thousand pieces
this can’t be right, this can’t be finished

she made a promise
to hold me that way again
she doesn’t make promises
so this must be real
but i feel foolish holding this hope

so i need to give her thinking room
let her be with herself
but it’s too much for me
knowing she’s so close and i can’t touch her
i miss her terribly

No comments: