Saturday, September 12, 2009

Implications

Sometimes we don't think about what our words and actions as being bigger than in our own little worlds. Sometimes we do, but don't care. Last night, TK and I rode the light rail to Mill. We walked around Mill, had dinner at Hippies Cove, a burrito place, then we walked to Hippie Gypsy, one of our favorite stores, then to Mojo Yogurt where we enjoyed a shared delight. While we were eating, we watched an open mic night at Mill's End Coffee Shop. (I feel like I'm doing a plug for Mill businesses. Except Mojo, all of the businesses are locally owned.) The MC said that he hoped and prayed it wouldn't rain. All the while, I was hoping and praying that it would, even thinking about how much it would cost to replace my phone if it got too wet.

On the way home, I was thinking out loud with TK that the selfish hope of the MC, if it had any power and maybe it does, could totally change everything. If it did rain, it would be a nicer day today, the streets would be washed and cooled, the trees and plants would get watered, my garden soil wouldn't be as hard to break up if the water softened the ground. There are so many things that rain could positively accomplish for us.

I like how sometimes my eyes get opened by a slight murmur in this giant world. I need to be careful of my thoughts and doings. What I say may have only a small effect on me, but huge implications for something or someone else. Thank you universe for being subtle with this lesson.

1 comment:

MojoLoverChar said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.