Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Soil is Cooking Now

I have been doing hard labor lately. I tilled the garden I haven't used in two years. It was hard work! I thought I would share some pictures from my big sweaty adventure. After I tilled the whole thing, a process that took over four hours, TK and I added four large bags of organic manure, four large bags of organic compost, a bag of phosphates and 5 pounds of blood meal, which it turns out is dark brown, not red. We water it every other day to keep it moist, but other than that, we won't do anything until the 26th when we plant the first round of crops. I can't wait to see those little green babies popping out of the soil! Here are some pics. A couple of before shots, some of us working in the garden and some after shots! I will post more as we keep going!

Before.




I just gone tilling.


TK watering after the soil treatment.


The After Picture.

No comments: