Tuesday, November 16, 2010

In Silence

That's how I spend much of my week. I keep my mouth shut and my ears open. I learn about the people around me simply by listening. I still make judgements, but I don't do it out loud as often. In my silence, I listen to my own inner voice. I really pay attention to the thoughts in my head. I rationalize in a more rational manner. Being silent has it's draw backs. I question myself regularly. That's a very uncomfortable place for someone who is always right to be in. I make peace with myself more often and more quickly now. In a way I mourn the loss of my silence during the weekend. Alone, but not lonely. Ok with myself. What a place to be.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I understand completely. Thanks. Alone but not lonely...that about sums it up, doesn't it? That's my life.

CodyGirlScout said...

Whoever you are. Thanks. Knowing you read this and commented makes me feel less alone. That's powerful.

qifei2012 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.