Thursday, May 24, 2007

I Have Smoke Down My Pants and Other Things I Like

*I like taking a cold shower and feeling the heat of the day run off the top of my head and down my back.
* I like the lonely sound underwater.
* I like the perceived sound a zit makes when you pop it.
* I like random hugs from friends.
* I like the songs of the night birds.
* I like catching myself in the mirror and really liking what I see for just a second.
* I like deciphering sloppy T9 texts. They make me laugh.
* I like the warmth that runs through my body at the beginning of a buzz.
* I like daydreaming in my bed while the real world is in full swing around me. I like more when my daydreams really happen later on.
* I like that rare feeling of an instant connection with a stranger. It happens to me when I need it most.
* I like the anticipation of a first kiss.
* I like reading other peoples blogs.
* I like to wake up Sunday morning, log onto Post Secret and cry while nobody is around.
* I like the sound of sirens. It reminds me of running code with my dad when I was a kid.
* I like the smell of clothes saturated with smoke. I love my daddy.
* I like being a part of inside jokes.
* I like having a psychic moment. Like knowing who's on the phone while it's ringing (no caller id) or thinking about a person from the past and them turning up in my life moments later. Both things happen quite often.
* I like how the TV gets really loud then fades when you fall asleep with it on.
* I like remembering my dreams. Like last night I dreamed I was eating dog food. I have been reading Running With Scissors.
*
I like how I feel like I lost an amazing friend when I finish a good book.
* I like knowing that friend could be a dust cover away if I need them again.
* I like how three months ago I was emotionally blocked, hadn't cried in years, and some shit went down and now I cry when my carpool kid plays a solo of Amazing Grace in the school's end of year concert.
* I like interpreting body language while I am people watching.
* I like making up my own dialogue for Spanish soap opera's based on tone and movement.
* I like wearing no underwear and knowing that nobody knows, but some would like to.

So since I told myself enough is enough, I feel pretty fucking good. Had a little jealous pout the other day and felt really dumb afterwards. Anyway, I am getting my shit done. Little by little, by and by and all that jazz. I actually love all these things listed above and I know there are so many more nuances that make me want to live for a long time. I really love my boys. As for the smoke down my pants, I'm on that. Ciao.

No comments: