Tuesday, July 24, 2007

San Diego Pride

Chapter 1
The Drive There

Left Friday evening. Rode in the back seat of a VW beetle. E and J drove. Music was loud. Weed was free flowing. That is until we had to stop at a border patrol check point...with drug sniffing dogs...ten minutes after we smoked...with E driving... Whoa! Shaking. Cigarettes burning. Freaking, not me though. I was too stoned to be freaked out. Before I left, I promised E I would be nice to J. I made sure I thanked her and told her how much of a rock star she was. Maybe a little over done, but who cares? I wanted to have a great weekend. I figured once I got to the club, I could break away if I needed. I am not as hopeless as E would have everyone believe. :) E and I texted the whole way and when we were almost there, we got caught by J! Shit! foiled again by that meddling kid! We got to the hotel room which I had to sneak into because we only paid for two people. (Got caught anyway!!!) We all changed our clothes (in case I forget to mention it, E had a major breakthrough... she was able to change in front of people, well maybe just her shirt, but that's really good! You go, darlin'!!)

Chapter 2
Tube Top Hottie

So I bought this tube top like 6 months ago, but I couldn't wear it because it was a little see through. I knew it looked good on me, so I finally broke down and bought a strapless bra to wear under it. My boobs looked big, my jeans were a perfect fit, not being a fat day and all. J has changed about four times already. In the car, we had a discussion about tube tops and how sexy they can be. J said she would have to see it on me first to decide if I should wear it. AS IF!!!! Oh J, you don't like my top, I will change it now.....NOT!!! Fucking tard! Anyway, I looked good. But J didn't like the color. Well the green and cream were alright, but the blue stripe. And the way the stripes were diagonal. Holy hell J, does that J stand for jealous much? J then stated that she had to change because she "could not be out-femmed by" me. I will decipher that code for everyone, it goes as follows, "J (me) looks so much hotter than I do and I can't let that happen, cuz I'm way prettier (me snickering), so I will change into something I think is way cooler and sexier." Leggings and a dress, J? Nice try though.

Chapter 3
The Loft and Getting to It

Pick up L at the airport. So we're a little late. I guess J didn't know that about me and E. we're never on time, especially together. not knowing S.D., J did a really good job of navigating all 4000 freeways. We made it to downtown a little after midnight. E and I were really hungry and E was in a particularly bad mood. (Low blood sugar.) J wanted to go out to a club. I know I wasn't feeling it, but.... So we couldn't find one. We called everyone we knew to give us some clue as to where to go, but to no avail. We ended up in Hillcrest, the predominately gay section of town, at a bar called The Loft. It was a gay man's club, which there seem to be a lot more of around. i didn't feel like drinking so I went and danced with a nice old man, then I went outside to enjoy the fabulous weather, watch gay men have a super dramatic argument and read the Pride Guide. E came looking for me; I guess she thought I left like I did the other night from E Lounge, but alas, I just wanted air.

Chapter 4
Mission Beach Taco

We left The Loft and J, ever the princess and courteous hostess, wanted to take E to the beach, thinking that was what she needed to obtain a better state of mind, when in fact it was just sustenance. We found our way to Mission Beach, thanks to Gary and Terri. Two food stands were open. J and L went to the Gyro stand and E and I went to the taco stand. On our way to get tacos, some guy told me he liked pussy as much as I did. And he proceeded to go into detail. Thank you guy, I needed that. Yummy burrito!! Hell yeah! E ordered tacos. This may sound irrelevant but as you are about to read, it is not. There was a guy in line behind us. He started talking to E about his tacos. She said her tacos were better because she ordered hers first. The guys interpret ted and restated her comment as such, "I guess your tacos would taste better cuz you eat them better." Haha!! I laughed my ass off. That is not what she said at all! That guy insisted that was what he heard.

Chapter 5
Beach, Burrito and Low Tide

While my friends sat away from the water, I got as close as possible. I love the ocean. She speaks to my soul. She calms me and coddles my sore heart. Peace floods my body with every incoming wave. She is my friend and I am free to let my thoughts wander when I am with her. I thought so much about nothing and everything in that half hour alone. (That's another whole blog.) I could hear them from time to time and felt sorry that they (especially E) could not feel what I was at that moment. I guess she might have, but I don't know. She was with J, so I assume she was not feeling complacent. "Do you believe in love at first sight, or should I walk by again?" Irish accent, that was enough for Lauren. She went off for a tussle in the sand with Phillip. back to the hotel. lucky we didn't get kicked out, I guess the manager figured out there were four of us, not two, but we all know how Neverlies embellishes her stories. Hard time sleeping. Should have smoked before bed. Giggling from the next bed over.

Chapter 6
Pride Day!

Woke up at 9:30. Totally not enough sleep. Showered, washed my hair. J says she will flat iron it for me. Great, I said, cuz I can't ever do the back well. I started to do it while she tried on 10 different outfits. Rainbow halter, bikini top, black shirt, white tank, jeans, black pants, so on and so on. When we think she finally settles, she comes into the bathroom vanity area and starts to help me. I told her it was quite a process no matter how short my hair was. She tried to put a bump on the top of my head. No bumps I said, absolutely not. She yanked my hair through the flat iron a few more times, then she said, Oh that looks good. It wasn't even done. I stayed there for another 20 minutes finishing it. Wore my pink plaid shorts. I love them. Also my red and rainbow bikini top and some layered tanks. (Well my belt wore my tanks most of the day.)

Chapter 7
Denny's and Godly Old Woman

Waiting for a table at Denny's. "Keep the Ten Commandments" is what the bumper sticker says. An old woman steps out. I am a little stoney and thirsty. I go inside and find that there are 4 counter seats available. Come on girls, I say. Let's eat. We all take our seats and E is sitting next to the Godly Old Woman. E with her arms crossed and wary glances, GOW stiff, eyes shifted left. J and L talk too loud about girl sex and who's sleeping with whom and what not. Their speech and subject definitely match their age at this moment. (Early 20's.) The conversation moves to the origin of the rainbow as a gay symbol. The GOW pipes in now that the rainbow originated in the bible as God's promise never to flood the earth again. Thank you, I said. Well he sure did a doozie on southeast Asia last year, says L. But I guess they aren't a God fearing people, L again. This isn't the place for a religious discussion. There is a time and place, but this GOW is too old to change her ways now.

Chapter 8
The Museum Parking Lot

Text: Where are you? We're in the museum parking lot. Oh my gosh, so are we. Then there they are. A-DS and her friend Je. A-DS is really very pretty.(Nice taste, E!) Je has to be pee. I am intrigued. She's pretty cute. Hmmm.. Well, we'll see where the day leads. Hugs and intros all around. Where do you know her from?, J asks. Dinah Shore. The answer. Oh, pursed lips, possessive demeanor. Walking together, all 6. A-DS and Je and I are walking quite a bit ahead. A-DS, Where are your people? Me- E's my only people out of that group. Talk about my pink shorts for a bit. Shoot the shit..haha, I just wanted to say that. At the gate, we part ways. I wait for the other three. What a beautiful day. Take off the tanks, and head for the alcohol. Drinking, walking, drinking, walking. Biting. Alot of biting. Some of my parts are still sore three days later. J, are you feeling left out? I would be.

Chapter 9
Dinner Dates, Goodbye Kisses

L calls. Do we want to meet her and her dad for dinner? I guess, E and I say. Seven I guess. I go get food. I am hungry now, who knows when we will actually be eating. E and I share a falafel, J didn't want to share. E gets a text, Come say goodbye to us, we're in the back beer garden. The cool beer garden as it turned out. E, J, Naked Bubbles girl and boy and I walk to the other garden. J is starting to get pissy. We are going there to say auf wiedersehen to A-DS and Je. We have to jump a fence for some reason. That was fun. I don't get to jump many fences. When we get in, we find the girls right away. E goes to hang with them. I tell Naked Bubbles kids to divert J's attention, cuz she keeps looking for E. I let them in on the situation. We're all rooting for you E! They take care of her for a while. A-DS asks me how long E and I have been together. Ha! We're not I say. What? You totally are. Nope. Many people think that though. J finds us. Naked bubbles go back to their tent. Je starts Operation J Diversion all over. Arm around her, pretending like she is all into her. I back off. I thought Je really liked her. E asks me what I think about Je. She's cool......and cute. Je and I start talking. It's time to go. We have to be at dinner in 10 minutes and it will take us at least a half hour to get there. Goodbye Je, small peck on the lips. That was cute, do it again. Way more than cute the second time. I like kissing girls, especially one's who kiss well. Just cancel. She does. Much drama in between, but I don't want to recount that. I just want to think about having my collar bone licked...that was hot and it still turns me on thinking about it four days later. All the while E and A-DS were making out while J was getting sick cuz she drank herself stupider.

Chapter 10
The Kiss Heard 'Round the World

Walking to the front gate. J has fallen ill. Wants to get home. Je fell. I didn't see but it hurt bad I could tell. I kiss her to make it better...at least for me it felt better. I look up and A-DS and E are kissing.....and J IS WATCHING!!!!!!!!!! She runs away! Holy crap, mayday, mayday. The OJD failed. Abort Abort! Well, E goes after her. Why I ask? Why? I want to dance. A-DS and I are dancing to Erasure, the live Erasure!!!!!! Fuck Yeah. I have a decision to make, which I really had no choice but to choose to go to with E. Her pleading eyes. Her threatening tongue. You owe me girly. I left Je and A-DS to drive in a tense car all the way to La Mesa. I knew I wasn't going to hook up again that night. Sad me.

Chapter 11
The Curb, Stoop Talk, L's Dad, Rachel? and Swimming

E asks, Why do I always put myself in such chaos? E, I don't know what to tell you. Really, E, why do I? Because that's where I am comfortable I guess. Dealing with senseless drama is easier than dealing with my real issues. We talk on the curb so J can tell L what happened. L asks J what she expected when they are not in a committed relationship, there was mass amounts of alcohol involved and we were at Pride. J and L come out to smoke. E and L go inside. I'm stuck listening to the chimney asking me how I would feel. I didn't have an answer because it's never happened to me. J cried and I didn't hold her. At the time I felt really shitty about that. I would have held a stranger if they were crying, why not this girl? Back inside, there was a strange sight. L and E on the bed......I wish I could leave it at that, it would be funny. No, but, L's dad was in the room too just having a casual conversation with them. It struck me as so strange because my dad wouldn't sit in a girls bedroom and chat them. I don't know. Anyway... L's dad heated up the pool and hot tub for us. we got changed and L and I went out to swim while E and J talked...again. L's little, introverted to the max, half sister, Rachel, came to swim with us. l's dad told L to get her out of her shell. Show her gay stuff, so she wouldn't be so sheltered. The mom raises this girl fundamentalist christian. Eeeeegads. I was so uncomfortable with the thought of him wanting Rach to be exposed to way more than her mom ever would want her to know in a lifetime. When j and E finally joined us, the tension was unbearable. We got out soon after.

Chapter 12
Sweed Dreams, Honey

After all that and knowing it would be a long night, J still wanted to sleep with E, who, bless her heart, could not say NO. (You've been doing really good lately though.) So L and I shared a pull out couch. Knowing I wouldn't sleep, I suggested we hit the curb and smoke. Good idea self. I was almost asleep when L came to couch. She wanted to talk to me about having kids and why didn't I have an abortion. I have definitely answered that question before. She proceeds to tell me how the whole process of pregnancy and birth to her was like a parasite infiltration. This tape worm is ingested and grows and grows until it no longer fits in it's space then it is violently expelled! I laughed my ass off. L, you sure have a way with words girl. I am still laughing. E was pissed to hear me laughing from the other room. Sorry woman, I tried to get you out of sleeping with her. I think mid-sentence we both fell asleep.

Chapter 13
Kosher Breakfast

L's dad took us all out to eat at a Kosher diner. What fun. On the way there, I asked E to go to a party with me Friday night. J said, Honey, we will be in SF that weekend. We are still going aren't we? (E) Do you still want to? (Me thinking) Just say I don't think that would be a good idea. Tension hung in the air like L's snatch smell. Please turn on some music, I say. At the restaurant, they had pickles on the table to munch on. E picked one up with her hand and discarded it back in the container before she realized that was what she did. Gross girly! One side of the table was J, E and me. The other side was dad, L and Rachel. E and I basically had our own conversation the whole time. J kept trying to hold E's hand which is a sight to behold. How many different ways can E pull away? How many pull aways before J gets it? The old ladies next to us leave the restaurant. They comment on how lovely dad's kids are Such nice girls and the boy... Oh Dear, you're a girl! End of breakfast, J gets a call that can't wait and leaves the table. Iam talking with dad about how, when , why I choose girls over boys. (Another whole blog I have been meaning to post.) He asked E if she is ok with my kids and on the way out tells me I am lucky to have E. It occurs to me that he thinks E and I are together.

Chapter 14
La Jolla Snorkeling

I didn't have a chance to correct him. On the way to La Jolla, we saw a motorcycle crew doing wheelies on the freeway. It was surreal. I kept thinking they would tip backwards. The beach is beautiful but a bit cold for my skin. L, E and J are wading into the water. J says it's not so bad, you should come in. I think about it, I could. I would warm up, but I think I will let J have E to herself out there. I am sure E will really appreciate this. Not competition in the ocean. I walk back to our sunny spot on the top of the hill and get some sun. E comes up shortly after. We chill on the blanket, listen to the music and make fun of orangeface. It's time to go and J decides she needs to have a talk with with E right then. They walk. We pack. The pics from that walk are hilarious, but because this is pretty much an anonymous blog, I can't show them. The will however be posted on my myspace. There is one of the two of them where E is actually frowning! The corners of her mouth are downwards. And J is just smiling away!

Chapter 15
Home Sweet Home

The ride home was pretty uneventful. E and I rode in the backseat together. J kept on glaring backwards at us. They smoked like chimneys and I had the worst headache. We laughed our asses off at random things and planned our return S.D. trip to visit with A-DS and Je. That BTW is less than two weeks away!!!! Hell yes! When we got to my house, I go all my shit out of the truck and shut it. As soon as the trunk was shut, J peeled out! I had to laugh. I know this trip must have sucked for her and yet I don't really feel bad. Back to life, back to reality....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

FYI:
Everytime I change my clothes, it's so you don't look hotter than me.
-KR