Monday, August 06, 2007

Jobby Job

I had that phone interview I was so nervous for. I showered, dressed nice and did my hair and makeup for a phone interview. How big of a dork am I? It went well, which is what I was afraid of. Then I had a face to face interview. I went in with the cocky confidence that can get a girl in trouble or hated, but I didn't care. I don't really want a job anyway. Now I have been called back for a third interview with the GM. Why am I allowing this to go on? I guess I like to entertain the idea of an 18 dollar an hour job. I know I am worth at least that in my field. Before this third interview, I have an interview at Mama Java's, my favorite coffee shop. It's probably an 8 dollar an hour job that would make me really happy, but would not really help me towards my goal of moving. I do really need a break from the kids, and this job could afford me the possibility of being home sometimes during the day and being able to still pick them up from school. This decision is mine to make ALONE. And that is just how I am feeling right now, ALONE. It seems to be a no brainer, the job where I make the money, right? The thing is, I hate corporate america. (So much I don't capitalize america.) I hate the thought of killing myself and destroying my family just so I can have money. I realize that I need money to do the things I want to do, but there must be a better way to accomplish these goals without being Bush's whore. So I have to weigh my pro's and con's and really think about it. You wanna know something, if I take the coffee shop job, I can smoke this weekend. That's a pro. I haven't been stoned in almost two weeks and I am really wanting to get stoned with Je this weekend. I may go the interview tomorrow at mama Java's and hate it, who knows? Any of my readers have any advice or want to help me weigh out my pros and cons, you know how to contact me.

No comments: