Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Gender(Fuck)ed

I have a spanish test today. The test covers some nouns and their gender. In most languages, all nouns have gender. German, Spanish, Latin and so on. For once I am happy to be an English speaker. No gendered nouns. "The" covers all nouns. If "the" can cover all nouns and people are nouns, proper or not, why can't we do away with gender? Are you wondering where we are going with this? I think T is on a the brink of an intense gender journey. It's been building. In just the short 4 months we have been together, I have watched it progress. I love her and I will support whatever decisions she makes about her body. Not usually being a future thinker, I have found myself, as of late, wondering where this type of transition will leave us. I am in the midst of reinventing myself, as it is. I keep thinking a day by day approach is warrented and I know that's what I will end up doing. I wonder by some things that she has said or written lately, if what I do when we're fucking, is what she wants me to do with her body. Are there parts I should refrain from? Most of you will say, "Why don't you ask her?". I asked. And she doesn't know. And I don't know. And no one else could possibly know. I want to honor her body, mind and soul. I want her to be completely comfortable with me. I want her to know, I support her. She can just be "the".

1 comment:

Landlady of Fat said...

Sounds like you're doing the right thing.

When/if you ever do something that "the" finds off-limits -- you'll know. :)

Good luck!